SiteWizard Knowledge Base News archive
The new FTP lock feature is now live for our hosting accounts only (Not the SiteWizard CMS). FTP is not available for our Content Management System clients as it has an integrated file storage system. If you need to access FTP please login to your hosting control panel and choose the unlock feature on the right hand side before trying to connect.
Why do I have to do this?
FTP is locked on all of our hosting accounts as standard (If you use the SiteWizard “Content Management System” this does not affect your file store). This new feature is to help prevent your hosting account from being attacked.
You can unlock FTP for a set period of time but we do recommend that you do this only for short periods. We would advise that you prepare any changes to your website and then, when you are ready to upload it, unlock the FTP for one hour.
If you require longer time for the FTP to be unlocked, then please select the relevant option. The only options are as follows:
- 1 Hour (Recommended)
- 4 Hours
- 1 Day
- 7 Days (Not Recommended)
- 28 Days (Not Recommended)
There is no option to leave the ftp unlocked and won’t be in the future. This has been done because of many PC viruses circulating that are stealing passwords that are stored within FTP Clients.
Any feedback about the guides is welcome to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are on our older ecommerce system please contact your account manager on 08450 60 88 60 to upgrade. For more information about our new ecommerce please click here.
Welcome to the new support database, we hope you find this site useful.
Please select a support topic from the menu on the left. You can search for an item by clicking on the instant response button or typing into the search box on the left.
If you cannot find what you are looking for then please click on the ask question button at the top right hand corner of this site or email email@example.com.
There are 170 FAQs online
- Current Email System Status (2017-02-23 12:29)
- Current Website Service status (2017-02-23 12:28)
- Email Accounts In ThunderBird (45.7.1) (2017-02-17 14:26)
- Email Accounts In Windows Live Mail (Latest Version) (2016-03-18 18:04)
- Email Accounts In Windows Live Mail (XP) (2016-03-18 17:41)
Most popular FAQs
- Email Accounts In Outlook 2007 (1342 views)
- Can I add HTML code directly into the CMS? ... (1256 views)
- How to set up email accounts in Eudora (1067 views)
- How To Disable the Mcafee Pop-Up Blocker (1002 views)
- Current Email System Status (931 views)
- How do I add a category? (871 views)
- How to set up email accounts in Pegasus Mail. ... (780 views)
- Email Accounts In Mac Mail (Mac OS X 10.5 ... (748 views)
- How to set up email accounts in Mac Mail ... (694 views)
- Is there an online Ecommerce guide? (676 views)